Youth Athletic Performance Specialist
The ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification is an essential course for those trainers who wish to grow their career by expanding their educational base in order to be better suited to work with clients ages 6 to 19. The ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification will provide you with the tools necessary to work with the varying physicalities within the youth demographic from young athletes to children new to fitness. With the ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification, you’ll have the distinct advantage of reaching the growing youth market with your fitness expertise. The decline of physical activity opportunities in the schools has opened the door for more and more fitness facilities to offer youth fitness programming, and with this growth is an increase need for fitness professionals like you that can help meet the demand. The ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification will also provide you with the confidence to reach out to your clients with children, after-school programs, and youth sports teams to offer additional exercise and training opportunities. You will help youth clients experience exercise success by obtaining the skills necessary to logically and effectively design activities specific to their ability level, age and goals while learning how to choose appropriate modifications to keep the activities safe, enjoyable and age appropriate.
A Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification from ISFTA can help the experienced fitness professional expand their career through:
- Becoming part of the obesity solution by helping children and their parents adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- Increased marketability to the fast growing youth fitness market .
- Igniting new ways to engage your younger clients.
- Increased confidence with the prescription of youth centered fitness programming.
- Giving you the edge on the competition with tools that diversify you from other trainers.
- Adding new ways of generating revenue by incorporating youth fitness programming to specialized group classes, youth boot-camps, organized youth exercise programs and youth sport organizations.
- The educational foundation to be able to comfortably work with and empower children and their families to maintain an active healthy and positive lifestyle.
The ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification core concepts include:
- Training guidelines for children.
- Stages of youth athletic development.
- Youth Flexibility training.
- Motor skills training.
- Youth Speed Training.
- Youth strength and power training
- Youth endurance training
- Long term training programing
- and much, much, more!
The ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist Certification is for those who are already certified as a Personal Fitness Trainer and/or Group Fitness Instructor and wish to increase their knowledge of Senior Fitness Training principles and programming. Along with the 211 page textbook consisting of over 300 illustrated exercises, students will receive a 75 question exam. Upon completion of the exam, it is to be mailed to ISFTA for grading.
A passing score of 90% is required to receive the designation of Certified ISFTA Youth Athletic Performance Specialist.
This home study course counts for 4 ISFTA CEU’s toward your ISFTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer Certification and/or ISFTA Group Fitness Instructor Certification renewals.
Certificate awarded upon successful completion of all requirements.
4 ISFTA CEU’s