Aqua Fitness Specialist Certification
The ISFTA Aqua Fitness Specialist Certification addresses the needs of a broad spectrum of potential clients, from young to old. This year-round fitness training option is low-impact and fun, making it ideal for seniors, children and everyone in-between, either one-on-one or in a large group setting. With the Aqua Fitness Specialist Certification, professionals can show clients that they have gone the extra mile to increase their fitness education with the latest facts and safety concerns in this fast growing and unique fitness field.
An Aqua Fitness Specialist Certification from ISFTA can help the experienced fitness professional expand their career through:
- Increased marketability with fast-growing senior demographic.
- Enhanced understanding of safety considerations specific to water aerobics.
- Proven ability to help individual clients meet fitness goals in an enjoyable group setting.
- Greater confidence in facilitating multi-client workout sessions while in the water.
The ISFTA Aqua Fitness Specialist Certification core concepts include:
- Water based fitness program design.
- Fundamentals of the water-power workout.
- Fundamentals of the deep water-power workout.
- Dance-specific water workouts.
- Sport-specific water workouts.
- The water power warm-down.
- Understanding injury and healing.
- Water healing based fitness program design.
- Specific rehabilitation exercises for the lower body.
- Specific rehabilitation exercises for the upper body.
- Post-surgical water healing.
The ISFTA Aqua Fitness Specialist Certification is for those who are already certified as a Personal Fitness Trainer and/or Group Fitness Instructor and wish to increase their knowledge of aquatic based fitness programming. Along with the textbook, students will receive a 50 question exam. Upon completion of the exam, it is to be mailed to ISFTA for grading.
When should I expect my results?
- Within 12-14 business days from the submission of your examination you will receive your results.
A passing score of 90% is required to receive the designation of Certified ISFTA Aqua Fitness Specialist.
This home study course counts for 4 ISFTA CEU’s toward your ISFTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer Certification and/or ISFTA Group Fitness Instructor Certification renewals.
Certificate awarded upon successful completion of all requirements.
4 ISFTA CEU’s